Seeking a Heart of Wisdom, Jewish Practices for Personal and Communal Growth
In this yearlong course, we will study a variety of Jewish teachings focusing on the development of key spiritual and ethical virtues (middot). Our textual learning will be accompanied by an exploration of other forms of Jewish sacred practice including song and prayer, meditation and visualization, and various writing exercises.
• Tuesday, October 28 (7:30-9:00 pm)
• Shabbat, November 1 (9:00-11:30 am, morning services + learning)
• Tuesday, November 11, 18, 25 (7:30-9:00 pm)
• Tuesday, December 2, (7:30-9:00 pm)
• Shabbat, December 13 (9:00-11:30 am, morning services + learning)
Spiritual Attunement: Hasidic Reflections on Holistic Jewish Living
Join us for an exploration of the sermons, tales, and religious practices of the early Hasidic masters on the subjects of Torah, worship, and compassion. Our learning will include text study and song, meditation and visualization, and various writing exercises.
• Mondays: November 3, 10, 17,